This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wine

Started by Brandon Martin, August 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 134 Views

Brandon Martin

Not sure where to ask this, but at least water goal 2 involves fluids, so I will ask it here:  I drink 1 - 1.5 glasses of [usually good] red wine (approx. 200 ml - a bottle lasts 3-4 days) while prepping and eating dinner most nights. Is this too much?  Bad for recovery?  Should I increase my water goal given the wine (I drink closer to 3-3.5L H20 most days)?  Is alcohol discussed later in the course?  

(in case it needs to be said, I obviously do not count wine towards my water goal)  

Jeff Serven

Brandon, 

I don't cover alcohol in L1. If I did I would say "minimize". 

The hype that certain alcoholic beverages like wine are good for you is pure hype. With that said wine is probably the least offensive. 

Brandon Martin

Jeff,

Thanks.  Got it.  Total consumption is down about 50%.