This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

About tempo

Started by Sergio Mgencasa, August 25, 2016 · 6 Replies · 114 Views

Sergio Mgencasa

Hello!

Again with doubts. I was struggling with HBP PE2 5x15. After introduce perfect form and (the most important) go from PE to iM without ANY rest I'm struggling with 4x13 :(. I do 4x12 quite good but, in last reps from last serie doing 4x13 I totally speed tempo down. My question: Step forward next week to 4x14 (perfect form but not perfect tempo) or keep trying 4x13 or step back to 4x12??

Thank you!!

Everett Carroll

I recommend you do 4x12 perfectly and then add an extra set or 2 at the end of your workout. 

Sergio Mgencasa

Than you @Everett Carroll!

Now, I'm doing programming this way (example):

week 1 - step 7

week 2 - step 8

week 3 - step 9

week 4 - deload

So, do I keep on 4x12 all weeks and add extra series like this for example?

week 1 - 4x12

week 2 - 4x12 + 1x12

week 3 - 4x12 + 2x12

week 4 - 2x12 (deload)

week 5 - 4x13??

Thank you again Everett!

Everett Carroll

The workout scheduler will help you with this programming. Have you set that up? I noticed you are deloading incorrectly. Sets remain the same during deload while reps are cut in half. 

Sergio Mgencasa

I thought you can do it also this way... Yes, I use it, but I set every week manually, I have several mini-step in it so I can't program that way in the scheduler (I think).

Everett Carroll

If you end week 3 on 4x12r, then you deload 4x6r. Not 2x12r.

You cannot add in mini-steps to the scheduler but if you mark a rep incomplete each session then it will keep you on the same step.

Sergio Mgencasa

Ok, I understand. Thank you!