This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL SE7 half straddle planche

Started by Wilensky Joshua, August 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 105 Views

Wilensky Joshua

I am stuck on 4x6s of half straddle.  I was doing ok and about to move on to the 3rd block and realized my back was arched.  When I take the arch out of my back, it was a lot more difficult and I can only do around 6s, 6s, 4s, 4s.  I have read all the planche topics before and am doing adv tuck planche push ups (currently doing 4x5 and working to 5x5) with good form and elevated planche leans with my feet on on exercise ball (currently doing 4x18s and working up to 30s).  I have been stuck here for about 2 months.  I took the arch out of my back about 1 month ago. I haven't made any noticeable progress in the last month or 2.   I just started planche leans last week.  My question is am I doing too much planche volume?  Should I just take a break from the half straddle planche and replace it with planche leans for 1-2 months and then go back to half straddle to see where I am?  I also thought about just not opening up my hips all the way as mentioned before as sort of a  bridge between adv tuck and half straddle? Or should I just keep doing what I am doing for a few months?  Or should I do something else?  Thanks for the help.  

Everett Carroll

Can you post a video? It does sound like a lot of planche volume.

Alessandro Mainente

In addition to video request, how much are you straddling the legs?