This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to coordinate H1 and TB and F1 and pole fitness and gym workout

Started by Suzanna McGee, August 25, 2016 · 7 Replies · 156 Views

Suzanna McGee

I am 1 month into H1, 2 weeks into TB and now also purchased F1…  I also need to practice my pole fitness (my new endeavor, that's why I actually found GB—to improve my strength for pole) and I also do my gym workouts. 

What would be the best combination of H1 and F1 and TB? I have been doing H1 4 days a week, gym 4–5 days, TB once a week. Pole 20 minutes a day every day. I am thinking of cutting down my gym workouts to 3 times a week, focusing only on my glutes/hamstrings/lowback (too l look pretty :-) ) and adductors (that are weak and important for my pole).  The upper body, I think, is going to be taken care of by H1/TB and now F1, so no need to hit it in the gym? 

Would 3 days H1 and 3 days F1 would be a good idea? I could do H1 on my glute days… TB and pole class on the remaining day. (I also do myofascial release/rolling almost daily)

Any good suggestions? 

PS

I am used to train almost every day (been doing it for years), as I recover really well (thanks to my raw vegan lifestyle and eating absolutely clean and non-processed diet). I listen to my body and take a day off (or a do a "rehab" day) if needed, occasionally. 

 

Everett Carroll

This all depends on your recovery Suzanna. The course intro articles contain example templates and since these GB courses are so new to you, I recommend starting off with less. Try it out for a cycle, and if you are recovering well then add more. Make sure you deload everything on the same week, including your other training. Sorry for the vague answer but there is no ideal schedule.

Suzanna McGee

@Everett Carroll No problem, thank you so much for your time to answer me. I am in the deload-week on my H1 now, so I will just start with F1 next week. Meanwhile I will look at the F1 exercises and try them out a little bit until then. I see that many of them I already do, so maybe they won't be that hard for me, but I will see once I start, and will adjust (more/less) as time goes. 

Everett Carroll

Not a problem! Good luck with the next cycle Suzanna.

Katerina Sourkova

@Suzanna McGee a raw vegan, WTG! I've been veggie for the last year and gone vegan for the last couple month. Go green power :D envious of your recovery - I've got 2 days of Olympic lifting, 2x H1 and 3x F1 (plus FS/MS/TB) (plus motorbike trackday every 3-4 weeks) and I'm strugging to fit the last day of Foundation in on a weekly basis with sporadic work hours and Oly DOMS on my non-existent ass muscles XD Maybe the answer is to go more raw! Because rest days suck lol. Like Everett said though, pick a schedule for a week, try it and adjust/juggle about!

Suzanna McGee

@Katerina Sourkova you go girl, with those veggies. You see, it will help you a lot. I am 51 years, so theoretically, I should not be recovering too fast. But I do. My raw vegan diet is so beautifully simple—a bunch of fruits, veggies, some sprouted lentils etc (for protein), some avocados and nuts for fat (I keep it pretty low fat), and that's it. My breakfast is often several pound of fruits (grapes today). I feel like I always have good energy. 

I am going to play with the scheduling this week. I think I will do 3xH1 (I need to get that handstand and shoulder strength down for my newest obsession, pole fitness)…. 2xF1 (I want to focus a lot on the  SL, for my pole, yet again)… TB once a week, and now I am thinking even buying MS and FS (for my pole, lol)… plus I do my glutes/hamstrings/adductors training 2–3 times a week (gotta have a round booty for that pole, ha ha). Do you have a preference which one you like better, MS or FS stretch?  I can do an ok front split (not to according to gymnastic standards though), but my hips (external rotation is so tight, left internal rotation too) are so tight, so I am thinking the MS could be to start with. Or just get them both and fit them in both… oh, those decisions. Plus I have to work too, like you  :-) pesky life is messing up our training schedule, right? ha ha… 

This is my today's move on the pole. Looking at it, maybe I should do the FS for sure. 

 

 

jade Aug 28 2016.JPG

Julia Quigley

Congrats on the new pole move! You look great and like you're having a blast :) 

Just popping in to say that MS is my favorite series. I have decent hamstring flexibility and almost a ballet middle split, but MS focus on adductors over hamstrings and I love that I'm stretching in a whole new way. I never challenged my hips like this!

Front split is great because it makes me do so much more than hamstrings--my feet, ankles, calves, hips, quads, and I'm seeing so many benefits. 

Start with MS and you'll eventually want to start adding in FS too ;) 

Suzanna McGee

@Julia Quigley thanks for your tip. I am also more inclined with MS… (even though I probably get both MS and FS as I already know that I will get the FS eventually, soon… I know myself). Then I am done shopping, I have it all  :-)   My external rotation is pretty bad. And I need it to hook my leg around the pole to hang on it safely. Even though I do stretch all the hips and hams and quads regularly, obviously, I need a different approach  :-)  thanks for your tip! I am going to go to shop now, before I go to sleep…