Hi there everyone. I love eggs but find it really hard to find time to cook and clean up between training, helping get three kids fed and ready for school and myself ready for work. I need something that is simple. Happy to try the greek yoghurt although not my favourite. Can you add any fruit to it or jam to sweeten slightly? Also can you have protein shakes provided full fat milk or oatmeal with full fat milk. Or how about peanut butter on toast or celery etc.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Breakfast idea - quick non egg meals.
Started by Nicholas Drizen, August 25, 2016 · 6 Replies · 250 Views
Hi Nicholas if you have the microwave you can consider a fast breakfast that does not require more then one minute. take 300 gr of white of the egs (or 2 and half glass) + 50-50 of oat, whisk for 20-30 seconds. put all in a pudding basin and use the microwave for 8 minutes at 600 Watt. it is simply and fast and you can think to your kids in the meanwhile. you can consider to use of course the entire eggs. it is a good meal, you have protein, good carbs and fat from oats. I use to put sometime peanut butter (the one without hydrogenated fats on the cocked meal to have some more fats.
The meat and nuts thing works well for me in a pinch (i.e. rolling out of bed late). Throw some ground beef patties in a pan while brushing, inhale, handful of nuts on the way out the door.
Thanks both for the quick response. I made the egg oatmeal with a dollup of peanut butter on top. It was really tasty. Be interesting to see if I feel fuller. It's great to have the support in the forums with helpful suggestions. I thought I'd fail at lesson two.
For me I'm spent a year doing GST. I'm fortunate to have a movement gym in Australia that follows the GST progressions. I've accomplished a lot and am stronger and more flexible than before. But my diet holds me back. I've tried paleo, atkins, calorie counting and clean eating but failed to stick to them. So I like the baby steps so far. May be simple for some people but not me.
My favourite breakfast is salad with cheese e.g. Mozarella, tomato, cucumber, green leave salad, olive oil, balsamico. Maybe 5 min prep time.
I usually have smaller breakfasts--Greek yogurt, macadamia nuts, meat sticks/jerky, and/or coffee with cream are my go to's.
Very occasionally (usually when I'm bored) I have a protein shake with whole milk.
I mix water, rolled oats, Chía seed and banana in a bowl and microwave for 3 min. Then I add a full fat natural yoghurt. I mix it while eating it, a bit of cold a bit of warm. I hope it fits the bill but it's delicious ![]()