Strength Deficiencies

Started by Calbear, April 11, 2008 · 2 Replies · 3,285 Views

Calbear

Coach or anyone else,

I have been working the tucked front lever on both rings and a pull up bar. What i've found when working these is that i seem to feel the movement most in straight locked out arms, both somewhat is the triceps and all along the biceps. As a matter of fact I thought that I would feel a majority of the tension in my lats but this just isnt so. Even when I use the assitance of a light jumpstretch bands for straight leg versions most of the discomfort, tension, etc is in my arms. I guess my question then is, is this indicative of a lack of strength in straight arm work? What might I do to further strengthen my arms?

Thanks

Coach Sommer

The best and most efficient way to strengthen your arms for straight arm work is to engage in straight arm work. In this case, you are already addressing the issue.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

Perhaps simply that is your weak point of the exercise. Grip strength in that movement