If I find that on a 3 day a week program there are times consistently where I am missing a few workouts, would it be better to do the deload after 9 completed workout vs Week 4?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Deload "Week"
Started by Justin Kaplan, August 24, 2016 · 6 Replies · 161 Views
No. Work on being more consistent and keep deload every fourth week.
Not a consistency thing due to motivation and/or drive. More due to injuries in the cervical spine that act up on occasion and have to back off for a few days. This was my reasoning for the question if I couldn't train 1 week or half that week how does that change the deload.
@Justin Kaplan So maybe train 2 days a week instead of three so you have more time to recover so you don't flare up your injury… and do some rehab on those "free" days… deload on the 5th week, and keep getting stronger until you injury doesn't flare up, and then switch back to 3 days per week.
The training isn't bothering me it is the occasional game of basketball, rock climbing, etc... Always ballistic movement create issues. 3 Days a week is perfect. I am doing the stretching program the other 3 days.
@Justin Kaplan I know what you mean… I also play tennis, and do the "regular bodybuilding" training and also pole fitness… so I know how you feel about the ballistic movements. I am also adjusting my schedule now week by week, just to be smart about my training. I am realizing the GST is extremely important for me now (I did not plan on this, I just wanted to learn handstands, but came to some amazing revelations) and thus I am decreasing my tennis and bodybuilding training slightly, to make room to do my GST training (aka smart training) and the best way for my "physical prowess and excellence". Do what you think is the best for you, but if you are getting injured over and over, then re-think.
3 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:. Do what you think is the best for you, but if you are getting injured over and over, then re-think.
Well said ![]()