This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sp/PE5

Started by Shane Hille, August 24, 2016 · 12 Replies · 133 Views

Shane Hille

Hi guys,

Just started with the progressions and wondering if I am on the right track form wise. I was happy to finally use 2 hands and arms again but man, every millimetre leaning forward more makes this so much harder... lol.

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Shane,

Protract more and work on leaning further. Work on those things and when you post another form check, try to do it without a shirt. It helps us see more and give better feedback.

Shane Hille

Hi Everett,

Thanks for the feedback. Will record without a shirt next time! If leaning further is too hard at the moment should I try to get 30 sec with current form and then move back in second and try to move further or first fix the position I.E. the right amount of lean before trying to increase the 'reptime'?

Everett Carroll

You've nailed it Shane. That approach is exactly what I'd recommend. Good luck man. Looking forward to seeing the improvement!

Igor De Britto

Great effort! One minor question: is the socks + mat combination slippery? A firmer grip on the feet will make further leaning easier, but will take away some coordination progress.

As a complete side note, I'm a little concerned about the middle and lower back of the chap doing an elbow plank on the background. It's so sagged that should be straining the spine for support, instead of the core muscles =/

Alessandro Mainente

For the elbow plank depends on the purpose. there are different form for different purposes. if we are talking about improving the core strength he is doing zero work.

For your case about socks, use something with a less grip, I prefer that there is always the tendency to fall forward and you need to resist it. Also if I want to be more precise, you need to increase the posterior pelvic tilt, your hips are not completely flat.

Eva Pelegrin

Shane, nice work!

I've worked my lean just like you're approaching it, prioritizing the integrity of my body line and increasing my time, then my lean over several cycles. And before you know it, bam, you can lean further, solid. I also want to note that I started with slightly piked hips and with time I've been able to straighten my line. I'm all for slippery socks because it really helps you dig into the depression aspect.

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Shane, nice work!

I've worked my lean just like you're approaching it, prioritizing the integrity of my body line and increasing my time, then my lean over several cycles. And before you know it, bam, you can lean further, solid. I also want to note that I started with slightly piked hips and with time I've been able to straighten my line. I'm all for slippery socks because it really helps you dig into the depression aspect.

PLease note that begin with pike hips it is equal to "breaking the form". the guideline must be hold the perfect alignment and adjust the lean intensity and not begin with a good lean while adjusting the alignment with the time.

Jon Douglas
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

PLease note that begin with pike hips it is equal to "breaking the form". the guideline must be hold the perfect alignment and adjust the lean intensity and not begin with a good lean while adjusting the alignment with the time.

Subtle but important distinction 

Shane Hille

Thanks for all the replies guys.The socks make it 'slippery' for me. I sometimes feel that I lean forward more because of them and I seriously need to resist because I will fall over if I dont. Reading your messages I will keep them on. I will record the next session without a shirt and I will try to get more PPT!

Eva Pelegrin

@Alessandro Mainente Perfectly said. That was exactly my point! It was a compliment to GB's methodology.

I didn't say that starting with piked hips is good form. On the contrary, my focus was on working on my alignment first, not the lean. Not to be confused with "adjusting the alignment with time is acceptable." 

Shane Hille

Video without a shirt. Wondering if ppt is better like this. Still looking for the form really. When I try to move forward later in the set my ppt gets much less I think. Any advice is welcome!

Everett Carroll

Hey Shane,

Like Alex said earlier in this thread, more PPT. Your piked hips get worse during the second half of the set. Think of creating a diagonal line from your upper back down towards your heels so squeeze your glutes and core to flatten the hips.