This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scaling the pancake elbow?

Started by Greg White 221326, August 23, 2016 · 5 Replies · 151 Views

Greg White 221326

Hi there! Just started my series and my god, my pancake split is pitiful. Any tips on how to scale this? I feel like there aren't enough blocks in the Western hemisphere to allow me to even begin to do a reasonable pancake. Any success stories of scaling and progress? Especially when they add any dynamic movement to the pancake (bounces) I get left behind. It's hard not to feel a bit frustrated when I don't even know how to begin this. I've had some success using a stretch band posted up, using it to pull me forward and prevent my hips from dumping posterior.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Greg, trust in the process.After my serious groin injury I had no chances to sit with more then 90° straddle or even less. I began with a bench under my groin, 70 cm bench.

Greg White 221326

Additionally, any thoughts on how to scale the supine flare and roll through? 

My problem with the flares is that I can't get my leg to come to 90 degrees when I'm on my back, so it becomes more of an ab exercise. And with the roll throughs...I have to prop myself up just to get into a pancake, so rolling through would require an act of God. Thoughts?

Alessandro Mainente

For the pancake roll, as stated before use an elevated surface like a gymnastics bench where you can sit in a comfortable position. for the flare you can consider to put something under your butt do that the butt it is elevated of 15-20 cm.

Greg White

Ok, I read the name Greg White and thought 'I don't remember posting this'?

I thought I was the only one........

Oussama KHELLADI
21 hours ago, Greg White said:

Ok, I read the name Greg White and thought 'I don't remember posting this'?

I thought I was the only one........

hahahahah Funny