This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Warm up for foundation session - feedback

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, August 23, 2016 · 3 Replies · 198 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys!

Currently I'm doing F7 session, so I'm aiming to prepare an appropriate warm up before the main work.

Considering that my current main work is:

- FL/PE8; sPL/PE5; HBP/PE3; RC/PE15; SL/PE15; SLS/PE3; MN/SE1; 

this is my warm up:

- 5 min of run/bycicle;

- "daily limber routine" as proposed by fundamental course;

 in addition I add some arm circles (backward and forward) + 10 reps of "floor" angels/slides + 10 reps of 2 pike - 2 squats (very useful for my newborn ACL) .  

then move to perform some previously mastered elements in foundation:

- FL: hollow body rock 60 rep + hollow body hold 45 sec; iM: table 30 sec + shoulder bridge 30 sec

- HBP: push ups 15 reps; iM: xiaopeng forward 5 reps

- sPL: elbow plank 30 sec+ plank 30 sec (in a row): iM: straddle modified reverse hyper 10 reps;

- RC: bent arm chin hang 60 sec + L pull ups 7 reps; iM: undergrip one arm lean 30 sec + perpendicular lat static 30 sec;

- SL: stall bars reverse leg lifts 10 reps + windshield whipers 8 reps + arch body hold 60 sec + side arch body rock 20 rep (each side); 

- SLS: deck squat 15 reps + cossack squats 8 reps; iM skiers 5 reps;

- MN: hanging leg lift 5 reps + v-to-l hangingl leg lifts 5 reps (in a row); iM: vertical pike hang 30 sec.

I noticed that maybe all this routine take too much time: as I finish daily limber routine about 15 - 20 minutes have just passed, then about 20 minutes to perform all that elements reported. So overall is about 40 minutes... is it too much? 

I would like to have a feedback. After such routine I feel ready to move on the main work, but I guess I have to fix something... 

Thanks to all!

Alessandro

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Alessandro, 

My recommendation is to just do 1 previously mastered PE and 1 iM for each element. Keep in the cardio and limber and tone down the previous elements. Consider spreading them over multiple sessions on a rotation if you still want regular exposure to them.

Alessandro Mainente

I quote the suggestion of Everett, what I can say more is that as you progress on different elements family you need to warm up from family to family until the completion of F4.

A fast example of HBP . we begin with supported horizontal pushing element, then dips, then inverted pushing, then unsupported horizontal pushing element, then multiplane. if you are working on unsupported horizontal pushing elements then you should warm up with:

-1 push up variation

-1 dip variation

-1 inverted pushing variation.

Same thing could be done also for pulling. you are welcome to changes the variation of a family from workout to workout. this version works pretty well if you have previously mastered easily a certain exercise.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Thanks very much @Everett Carroll and@Alessandro Mainente. That is exactly the answer I was looking for! I will follow your tips! Thanks again!