This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE1: First ever sets

Started by Daniel Lehnberg, August 23, 2016 · 2 Replies · 78 Views

Daniel Lehnberg

Ok so my first day on the handstand series. Rather then starting to train with bad form, I wanted to get some feedback on this straight away to see how far away I am from correct form.

Here are my three first attempts at pHS/PE1. After the watching the first set I immediately saw my horrible back posture when I was in starting position, and tried to correct this in the future sets.

How bad is it? Is there any rep in any set where I almost get it right? Am I pressing as far as I need to? How is my posture? Anything else I should think about as I begin my practice? 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

You were right about the low back. You want to keep PPT in this movement so keep more tension in your glutes and core. You also want to protract strongly so push into the floor hard and spread your shoulder blades apart. The top of the press had good ROM.

Daniel Lehnberg

Thanks Everett, this is great feedback. Looking forward to start training! :)