This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HSPE8

Started by Kate Darling, August 23, 2016 · 4 Replies · 139 Views

Kate Darling

I can't do HSPE* close to the wall, but have to walk my hands about 18" out. Should I just continue to do it like this, moving closer to the wall over time? Thx

Everett Carroll

Can you post a video of your PE7 form? Based on how difficult this is for you, it may be wise to step back a progression.

Kate Darling

Here is PE 7. I can hold it for ~60". The only thing touching the wall are my toes. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Stay closer to the wall and pass sometime on learning how to move the hips to the side while holding the feet in the same position.  this is necessary to feel the weight on the supporting hand. a short view with a front view it is better.

Suzanna McGee
On August 23, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Stay closer to the wall and pass sometime on learning how to move the hips to the side while holding the feet in the same position.  this is necessary to feel the weight on the supporting hand. a short view with a front view it is better.

This is a great tip. I have started on PE8 two weeks ago, and I am "stomping" around with my hands not too gracefully, my feet are opening as I am moving from hand to hand. Now I see that I need to move my hips, and keep my feet in the same place… aha… :) I will try that on Monday.