This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WRS1 vs WRS4: What's the difference?

Started by Daniel Lehnberg, August 23, 2016 · 6 Replies · 125 Views

Daniel Lehnberg

Hello,

Just starting my handstand journey and doing some preparatory research. Couldn't find anything about this in the forum, so I thought I should just ask. :) Studying the videos of WRS1 and WRS4, they look fairly similar to me. And I'd just like to get confirmed what the actual difference is - is it the direction the fingers are pointing in? (Outwards from the body in WRS1, inwards towards the body in WRS4) See comparison photo.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 12.22.30.png

Andreas Adolfsson

The difference is the direction you twist your arms. Try it and you'll feel the difference.

Daniel Lehnberg

Hi (Hej?) @Andreas Adolfsson! Thanks for the reply.
So what direction should I twist the arms in then in each exercise? :)

Andreas Adolfsson

Hej hej!
You do all the wrist stretches every handstand workout so you'd only be changing the order if you mixed them up. But #1 is outward and #4 is inward. :-) Good look with the handstand workouts, I'm really loving them. :-)

Daniel Lehnberg

Ah, perfect, as I suspected! Thanks! :D

Alessandro Mainente

Difference in the wrists orientation or upper arm rotation it is needed to stretch posterior shoulders, inner or outer wrists flexor and the elbows flexor.

Daniel Lehnberg

Thanks guys. The moment I actually tried them out it was obvious, just as @Andreas Adolfsson said it would be, haha! :)