I have been coaching compulsories for 8 years in PA Region 7 and have a group of boys who are level 7 . I am asking for help on methods and philosophies on how they go about training optional skills during season.
We are predominantly a girls gym, and our boys train 4 day a week 16 hours. It is not easy to fight for floor vault or bars time with the millions compulsories girls.
I have started many drills for C and D skill on Parallel Bars and High Bars, worked pommeless travels single pommel loops, followed the gb progression for planche strength and hs work on rings.
I guess my main question is whats important to be successful to be prepared for level 9.
Also are there any good lead ups for giants on rings front and back. Is it recommended to swing to handstand, dislocate to handstand , or bail from handstand to handstand?
Any input or help from this forum is greatly appreciated and Coach Sommer thank you for being a great mentor for our boys program and I and to all in this Forum!
Jacob