This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Subscapularis Weakness / inflexible

Started by Tim Czermin, August 22, 2016 · 9 Replies · 137 Views

Tim Czermin

Hi,

first i have to say i am new to the forum and started foundation / handstand about 2 month ago. I have totally unflexible and weak shoulders, espacially internal shoulder rotation. Which exercises to start with to heal my weak and unflexible subscapularis? I am totally missing internal rotation.

Till now the exercises are more flexion / extension / external rotation work.

Somebody knows a good progression to start with? Dislocates are a way to hard.

Thanks, Tim

Dustin Lord

Continuing to progress through both Foundations and Handstand will likely work out your shoulder issues; just remember to take your training step by step and don't skip progressions.

Tim Czermin

Hi Dustin,

thanks for the fast reply. I will stay on the track and work on. But my shoulder is out of balance. Relativly strong external rotators and weak/inflexible internal rotators. Thinks its better to attack this problem with extra exercises to get back to balance sooner.

Regards, Tim

Dustin Lord

As long as there is no pain involved with anything you are doing, just give it more time. Two months is not that long in terms of giving your body the time it needs to begin making noticeable changes. Imbalances tend to work themselves out through slow, steady progress.

Tim Czermin

Hi Dustin,

thats the problem. There isnt really pain all the time, but sometimes it feels like i am imbalancing my shoulder (some grinding in the joint after the workouts). If i test the range of movement external rotation 90 degree. Internal rotation before the workouts like 30 degree (not really much) and after the workouts sometimes 0 degree. I think something goes wrong.

Dustin Lord

If there is pain or grinding and your range of motion decreases after use, there may be underlying issues. I suggest seeing a physio if these problems persist.

Tim Czermin

I will give it a try.

Thanks, Tim

Dustin Lord

Keep us updated!

Mark Collins

A simple exercise to do. First lay on you back with your arm behind the back for 2-5 mins.

the shoulder extension mobility exercises in HBP and handstand will address the poor internal rotation. 

Tim Czermin

Hi,

@Dustin: will write back in about 4 weeks.

@Mark: I will work on it. Thanks