This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder extensions // Triceps - Lat issues

Started by Kent Heide, August 22, 2016 · 2 Replies · 59 Views

Kent Heide

Hi, 

 

I am on day two and I have been able to do the ape successfully in addition to three out of the four exercises from day two. My issue is when I do any exercise that involves a shoulder extension. 

 

For example when I try to go up in the crab it feels as if my triceps and lat muscle are competing for space. As if there are no room for both. I experience no pain in any areas except that the two muscles get in a clinch which gives a mild discomfort especially in the triceps. 

 

Is this just due to my shoulder mobility being exceptionally bad? 

Tanya Hill

Hi Kent, 

Welcome to the GymnasticBodies community.

Shoulder extension is definitely one of the weakest areas for adults. What you are experiencing can be due to lack of mobility in the chest and its not allowing the shoulders to open up comfortable. Id like to see a video of your crab to give you further feedback. 

Kent Heide

My chest is indeed tight and I have a slight thoraic kyphosis as well. That might be an issue too. 

When I try to stretch my chest muscles I never feel them stretching no matter how far I stretch. The muscles in my back (rhomboids and lower trap) stop the movement before I can feel any stretch in the chest. 

 

I will upload a video of my crab later today