I tend to have a coke zero each day with my lunch, is that OK provided you still do the 1 litre of water. I know that its pretty bad for you, but every time I try and give it up I tend to get cravings and withdrawal symptoms. I don't smoke or drink etc, but the coke zero is a bad habit. I know it has the same affects as sugar and makes you crave for more etc.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Coke Zero
Started by Nicholas Drizen, August 22, 2016 · 11 Replies · 330 Views
At this step it is ok as long as you drink your 1l. Thrive 1 is about creating good habits. Getting rid of the bad ones will come later.
Thanks Jan appreciate that. Does it cover things like emotional eating and how to control hunger? If I have a bad day I often eat crap just to feel better which doesn't help.
Only @Jeff Serven knows excactly what future programms will bring us and I doubt he will disclose sth. There is only Thrive 1 out yet but some time ago i read there will be a weightloss Programm out soon.
You don't have to worry about your cravings for now just enjoy the journey. Others report that they have less cravings for crap now that they have integrated some steps of thrive.
Thrive focuses more on creating new, good habits rather than trying to eliminate all of the bad ones right away.
@Nicholas Drizen, emotional eating is my downfall too! I wouldn't say it happens often..but when it strikes, I crash hard.
I haven't mastered this, but three strategies I use are preparation, substitution, and resolution.
Preparation: If I know a stressful event is coming up that will likely trigger emotional eating, I prepare intensely. I gird my emotional loins, if you will, visualizing myself staying resolute, and I literally prepare lots of healthy food in advance. That way it's easier to eat healthy than go out and buy a burger and a shake.
Substitution: if I really feel the need to indulge, I'll try to indulge with sometbing healthier that is outside my normal eating. Maybe that's special fruit with fancy cheese and a couple glasses of wine. Not the best choice, but better than a burger and a milkshake with fries
Resolution: This is the hardest, but sometimes I can make myself acknowledge that I'm emotional or stressed out, which means I need to deal with my emotions. Maybe I need to journal, or talk to a friend, or take a long shower--sometbing to relieve the pressure. It could also mean that I need to make choices to improve my mood: if I'm feeling overwhelmed, maybe I allow myself to skip that social function or chore off my to do list. But typically, once I solve the root cause of the emotions or at least deal with my emotions some way, I'm less inclined indulge.
I hope my experiences help. If you've come up with other strategies, let me know! I'd love to learn.
Julia. Thanks that does help. I have the added challenge that my wife and kids are super thin. They can manage to eat junk and get away with it as well as healthy food. So I have constant challenges to face each evening to avoid the chocolate biscuits or potato chips lying aroud. I guess I just need to be more disciplined in making sure I have healthy alternatives. I've been reading more about mindful eating so trying to focus on that too.
Oh man, that's much harder
I purposely won't buy some foods because I'll lose control if they're in the house.
Agree, just don't buy the stuff. No amount of disciple will keep you out of the cookie jar.
On that note to parrot whats been said above. Nick, just add the stuff you are suppose to add and congratulate yourself for doing it. Don't focus on the negative. There is always something more we can do but, the trick is to appreciate what you've done so far. When you don't feel like a coke zero anymore or you feel more up to the challenge then get rid of it but don't rush it. Rushing it - is step one of failing.
i want to add something here since its about making changes and i recommend to read #Switch_how to make changes when change is hard authors Chip Heath and Dan Heath one of the best books i ever read very practical and superstition and theory and fantasy #free
when you want to make changes in your life (physical or moral) its better to start with a small portion of change so u will build consistency(especially for long term goals like eating habits and sports and personal achienvements) the thing is yourself will resist to big changes and many times she will win when you make small changes that dont bother yourself she will accept it and she will ask for more and this is the same approach in thrive
secondly i dont recommend to cut definitely the coke zero and every other sodas or junk only if you are super resistant thats okay but since not everyone like Julia here can resist at all condition and moods so you also gotta tell your self you can have this i wownt forbid it so yourself wownt resist and fight it what you can do is apply the 1st rule drink just a little (what helped me to limit my soda intake is to always drink it after i finish my meal i was able to make it from one or two glasses to one or two sips) / this is also the approach of thrive dont tell you what to eat or not just tell you what is needed for best nutrition and let you decide for the other foods you were eating before .
i hope that its was clear and helpful
On September 7, 2016 at 6:53 AM, Oussama KHELLADI said:i want to add something here since its about making changes and i recommend to read #Switch_how to make changes when change is hard authors Chip Heath and Dan Heath one of the best books i ever read very practical and superstition and theory and fantasy #free
when you want to make changes in your life (physical or moral) its better to start with a small portion of change so u will build consistency(especially for long term goals like eating habits and sports and personal achienvements) the thing is yourself will resist to big changes and many times she will win when you make small changes that dont bother yourself she will accept it and she will ask for more and this is the same approach in thrive
secondly i dont recommend to cut definitely the coke zero and every other sodas or junk only if you are super resistant thats okay but since not everyone like Julia here can resist at all condition and moods so you also gotta tell your self you can have this i wownt forbid it so yourself wownt resist and fight it what you can do is apply the 1st rule drink just a little (what helped me to limit my soda intake is to always drink it after i finish my meal i was able to make it from one or two glasses to one or two sips) / this is also the approach of thrive dont tell you what to eat or not just tell you what is needed for best nutrition and let you decide for the other foods you were eating before .
i hope that its was clear and helpfull
![]()
Yes! I forget the term, but there's a psychological principal about how people on a base level don't like change, so we fight for homeostasis, making big changes hard no matter how important we know they are.
Concerning 'cravings', my strategy is simple. I don't have "bad" stuff at hand. And i don't have money at hand to buy some. If you are "poor", forced or voluntary, and if you're willing to spend your earnings on the necessary good stuff first ... if you're lucky, nothing remains. For real, the phases of 'shortage' helped me a lot. By poverty i learned to concentrate and focus on those foods i need and want the most and to find joy and thankfulness in them.