This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Play Progress

Started by Mikey Cunanan, August 21, 2016 · 2 Replies · 80 Views

Mikey Cunanan

Hello all!

I have been following the HS 1 course for 6 months now. Though I know freestanding handstands are not yet my level I try to get anywhere from 5-15 min of handstand play if I still have energy after my workouts. 

Prior to starting these courses I saw very little to no progress with my hand balancing skills. To my embarrassment my handstands looked more

 like a banana. Today I felt something different in the way my handstands looked and felt. For the first time it felt like I didn't have to put effort into holding alignment. I know I still have a lot of work to do so I figured it would be a great idea to post my current form here to help give me feedback.

 

 

Everett Carroll

Looks pretty good to me Mikey! Especially for not even training free HS yet. It's awesome what the basics can do.

Tony Sorensen

Looks good to me too - lower back / hips and legs have good alignment and you're ribs don't look too flared (at least not from this angle). Nice work! As for pointer - shoulder angle is still closed and so that should be your main focus from now on. Luckily the early H1 PEs will sort that out :)

Also you might find it helpful to practice on a harder surface or to get a small section of board. It'll make a hell of a difference to the effort you put in to rebalancing.