Sleeping in a bed is bad!

Started by Guest, August 20, 2016 · 4 Replies · 1,895 Views

Guest

Not sure where to put this post or if it is appropriate for this forum but I really want to make people aware of this dangerous issue. I recently stumbled across this video about a month or two ago and it reminded me of the time when I first discovered that some people sleep on the floor to fix their back pain. At that time, I wanted to try it out for myself but I was unsuccessful as I went from sleeping in a bed for decades to sleeping on the floor within a night. When I recently came across the video it reminded me of why I tried to sleep on the floor in the first place, so I gave it another shot. I can say without a doubt that I have now successfully mastered sleeping on the floor as it is easy for me to do and I find it extremely comfortable. I never had any noticeable back pain prior to sleeping on the floor but since sleeping on the floor I feel that I'm doing my body a world of good. I encourage everyone to try this out but do so gradually otherwise you will set yourself up to failure.  

  

Tanya Hill

Hi James, 

Interesting video, thank you for sharing. Definitely sleeping postures can awake the body feeling stiff and sore. Glad you are finding benefits of sleeping on the floor. I love my bed to much I think I will stay there! However, I do try to sleep on my back and keep a good posture. GST is my life saver and works out and kinks I may have accumulated through the night! 

 

 

Guest

@Tanya Hill Do you know of any benefits of sleeping on the back as opposed to the side?

Tanya Hill

James, 

I do find that sleeping on my back helps keep my spine long and relaxed, when I sleep on my side I tend to ball up and wake up feeling a bit more stiff. Only say this through my own experience. 

 

Guest

Interesting, I think I have forward head posture from all the sitting I do. I wonder if sleeping on my back will help...I'll have to experiment.