This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The Mobility Keepers

Started by Wesley Manson, August 20, 2016 · 4 Replies · 223 Views

Wesley Manson

Hello everyone. i was wondering if dislocates, both over and under grips, are enough to do for shoulder mobility, or should you always incorporate should extensions and flexion. I am currently on PE10, so I have mastered all of the shoulder mobility exercises, and am just curious if all are still necessary, or are should extension and flexion there to build you up to dislocates.

 

thanks.

Everett Carroll

I keep maintenance sets of all of those mobilities in each weeks training. I highly recommend it.

Alexander Egebak

Since you in handstand work your full shoulder flexion I see no point doing serious maintenance work for specific shoulder flexion work (iM 1 and 3) after mastery. Specific shoulder extension work will benefit manna (iM 2 and 4). Dislocates are awesome and should be maintained after mastery, the standing version being the most important one in my opinion. The other version I would perform perhaps once a week (also undergrip versions) for maintaining neural efficiency and then use the primary standing dislocate for building strength and mobility 2-3 times a week.

Also consider overlap in some shoulder mobility from the foundation courses and thoracic bridge course. Specifically xiao pengs, bridge work, front lever iM and manna iM.

Wesley Manson

I always finish my handstand days with both over and under grip dislocates, trying to slowly get closer to shoulder width and then adding weight. Perhaps adding in should flexion and extension work as a warm would be a good idea? I always see people in Instagram doing those pancake should extensions, so I guess a lot of people still use these mobility exercises. 

Everett Carroll

Yep, add it in.