This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic bridge and push ups for check

Started by Johan Tideland, August 19, 2016 · 4 Replies · 94 Views

Johan Tideland

Hi, I have been working on the stretch series for a while now. When I started I could not even get close to any kind of thoracic bridge, I had to start in a handstand position, basically straight. And any kind of push ups or hips taps was not even anything to think about.

Now I have managed to lower my feet a bit and just today I started making some kind of effort towards the push ups. I am now working on 20s thoracic bridge, 10r push ups (very small ROM) and 20s more thoracic bridge instead of hip taps because I can not do it yet. I plan on working my way towards 60s and then lower my feet a tad bit. The push ups and hip tap will have to come when they come, I think it will take a long time but there is nothing I can do about it.

I just want to know if my current form is acceptable and if there is anything I can improve for now. I have 2 videos for the thoracic bridge 1 is from today and 2 is from 2 weeks ago, number 2 seems to be better form according to me but I am not sure.

Thoracic bridge 1 https://youtu.be/ILhgvmldjMg

Thoracic bridge 2 https://youtu.be/dkHaILZ4UHI

Push ups https://youtu.be/YVpm5PzkcKI

Thanks

Johan

Everett Carroll

Hey Johan,

Video 2 did have better form.  You had more retraction in #2.

I think you can drop your elevated bridge down another rung or two. Lowering your feet a bit might help you with your bridge push-ups as well.

Johan Tideland

Thanks for the input Everett, I will try to drop my feet a bit and also try to retract more on the bridge.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Johan for your personal situation I would spend 3-5 minutes each day on the inverted cat stretch.

A lit tip for your kicking up to stallbar: hold your legs into a sort of front split position so that with one leg you counter balance the kick in the beginning and you avoid bad fall on the stallbar.

Johan Tideland

Thanks Alessandro, I will do the inverted cat stretch more often and I will try the kicking up tip