This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to move on?

Started by Vegard Trondsen, August 19, 2016 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

Vegard Trondsen

Ive been staying with GST for a while now, and planning to continue! But I have some questions about the Jefferson curls, and SL work. 

Ive understood that you are not suppose to continue until you are at full ROM at the IM exercises. But the Jefferson curl includes weight as well. For a little while I've been stuck at the mana progression where you have the Jefferson Curls, because I was not flexible at all when I started.. Now I can do it with almost full ROM, but what about weight. Ive heard Coach Sommer mention that Gymnasts does them with their own bodyweight, but when should I continue up the progression line. Is there any specific weight I should get to? 

And in the SL/PE5 and 6, am I supposed to to 10 to each side (total 20 reps), or a total of 10 reps (5 to each side)?

Alessandro Mainente

For the JF you can move on after reaching the 50% of the BW, full BW it is a long therm goal.

For the SL it means total reps so 5 each side.