This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

need help with Twisting Squats / any way to scale them?

Started by Adam Krause, August 18, 2016 · 2 Replies · 88 Views

Adam Krause

Hello

I am having big trouble with twisting squats. I start in the seated crossed position, but can't myself off the ground. I have no trouble sitting cross legged. 

I was thinking I can use a stretch band to help pull myself up, but are there any other ways to scale these that might be better.

 

Thanks for your time

 

Dustin Lord

Hey Adam,

A lot of people are in your same position when they start twisting squats. I would recommend using a bar, tabletop, or bench to help pull yourself up. As you get stronger and more familiar with the movement, rely on your upper body less until eventually you are not pulling up at all.

Matic Balantic

Alternatively you can start from sitting on higher grounds and slowly move lower and lower until you can get up from the flor.