This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting started - program

Started by Robert James Dilley, August 18, 2016 · 4 Replies · 220 Views

Robert James Dilley

I have a newbies question about tumbling.  I do foundation 1 four times a week - so have four slots.  The advice on tumbling program says "Eventually you will work up to spending 30+ minutes for each movement topic for a total of 90+ minutes of movement conditioning."  My question is: is this one block of 90 mins on one day or should I split it over the week?  I get Coach Sommer's advice about training blocks but am not clear how this relates to the timings as there are more than 3 movement topics.  I guess I should be aiming to get to 90 minutes over a week and splitting it between the apsects of the programme I would be focusing on at that time - I.e. As per Coach Sommer's advice.

So is it one block or 90 mins spread over the week?  Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

 

Dustin Lord

Hey Robert,

Use Movement as your conditioning day once a week. If you have passed all of the movements in the Diagnostic Block (1.1-1.6), you can move on to the next three categories. Build up to 30 minutes in Shoulder Roll Development, 30 minutes in Forward Roll Development, and, if you have sufficient arm strength, 30 minutes in Backward roll development. Start with 2.1, 3.1, and 4.1 in each of those Blocks and if you can achieve mastery move on to 2.2 etc. Again, movement is done for up to 90 minutes one day a week.

Robert James Dilley

Hi Dustin,

Thanks - that's really clear - got it! I will give it a go once I get past 1.6.

Robert

Katherine Zodiaco

Hello friends,

I'm brand new to the movement course. It seems I may have missed something, would one of you please point me to the "how train movement" directions? Other than what I've read here I haven't seen anything that says I'm to workup to 30 minutes in lizard or other movements & that seems strange - like am I doing lizard walks thru the gym like I'm doing cardio on the treadmill for 30 full minutes? That doesn't sound like anything this old lady is interested in doing :-)

Thank you,

Kathy

Kai Ewert

Katherine, the 30 min per movement is for the technical movements (2 and up) after the diagnostics, not for the diagnostic movements (1.1-1.6). If you are starting out and doing the diagnostic movements, your total time spend on all six should be as much as you can handle at the time, 90 minutes max.