This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check HS pe2 I'm

Started by Matt Robinson, August 18, 2016 · 5 Replies · 145 Views

Matt Robinson

Just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right. Started working this one yesterday.

1. Are my arms at the correct width.

2. Is hands to shoulder height required for mastery? 

3. Is my form ok and do I simply need to keep working it until I'm at the correct height?

 

Tobias Magnussen

Great work. Overall it looks alright. however, i do have a few keypoints. Also keep in mind I am not a coach:

Regarding your 1st and 2nd question: 90° angle/bar same level as shoulder is imperative, hands distance should be adjusted in order to work with arms parallel to the ground.  if you are not able to hold the bar at 90° the width is over your current ability. Therefore, increase the width until you are able to hold the bar at a 90° angle.

question 3: The grip of the bar should be supinated (palms facing down), the small details make a whole lot of difference in the long run ;)

Everett Carroll

You want to flip your grip Matt. Nice range of motion, though. You do want hands to shoulder height, have them shoulder width, and master with a 5lb weight on the bar. Try it with palms down and feel free to post another video.

Matt Robinson

Cheers guys. I will try stick a video up tomorrow with palms supinated. I've just tried with a broom and I think ROM is the same. 

Matt Robinson
On 18 August 2016 at 3:21 PM, Everett Carroll said:

You want to flip your grip Matt. Nice range of motion, though. You do want hands to shoulder height, have them shoulder width, and master with a 5lb weight on the bar. Try it with palms down and feel free to post another video.

Second video. Grip flipped. Am I anywhere near. I feel like I hit the full ROM once I look at the camera and then squeeze harder to get that touch higher. Any thoughts
 

 

Everett Carroll

Nice! Really great improvement Matt. Mastery standard is bar at shoulder height so just a little bit more ROM.