This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to schedule a week

Started by Greg White 221326, August 18, 2016 · 6 Replies · 216 Views

Greg White 221326

Hi there, I just signed up today and am excited to finally make real gains in my mobility. I was wondering how you guys space your front/middle/thoracic mobility sessions throughout the week. I was thinking Friday through Sunday, but not sure if that will be too much at once. Better to do spread out evenly?

Everett Carroll

Hi Greg,

I prefer to do mine after a workout and spread them evenly throughout the week. As long as you get each course in 1x a week, you will be fine. Spreading them out prevents me from getting too sore.

Jon Douglas

Fri through Sun is not ideal; not enough time for your hips to recover between front and middle split :) I currently do them MWF, middle-bridge-front, straight after Foundation workouts. Another productive approach is to take two stretch days a week, which gives you each twice in 3 weeks.

Max Wallach

@Jon Douglas With the second approach you mention is there no loss in flexibility with that much spacing between the sessions?  I ask because sometimes it's hard to get all three in a week for me, but I'm trying to figure out the optimum timing for these.

Thanks,

Max

Everett Carroll

I have found that I respond better stretching each course every 8-10 days instead of once per week. Sometimes less is more.

Julia Quigley

Just to add to the diversity of experiences, I do the middle series on Mondays and front split on Wednesdays and I feel that is plenty of time for recovery me.

Give something a go for a week or two and see how it treats you before you commit to a schedule.

Jon Douglas

I have had good results with both. As Everett says if you are working at a good intensity you may in fact be better off with slightly less than once a week. 

I do admit the calfraises might get harder with the extra fewdays though...

17 hours ago, Max Wallach said:

@Jon Douglas With the second approach you mention is there no loss in flexibility with that much spacing between the sessions?  I ask because sometimes it's hard to get all three in a week for me, but I'm trying to figure out the optimum timing for these.

Thanks,

Max