Question...
whenever I do standing hip circles and push my hips out to the side I feel a pain much like a pinch nerve sensation from within the side ( ball joint) of my hip sometimes runs down my leg....
1) is it sciatica
2) what can I do about it
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mike Ross, August 18, 2016 · 2 Replies · 192 Views
Question...
whenever I do standing hip circles and push my hips out to the side I feel a pain much like a pinch nerve sensation from within the side ( ball joint) of my hip sometimes runs down my leg....
1) is it sciatica
2) what can I do about it
This is not normal it think, a physio will give you a more professional opinion.
Mike, I'm sure following up on Alessandro's suggestion to see a physio would be a good idea. But for what it's worth, I think I know what you are referring to, as I have been experiencing something not dissimilar myself. Not quite going as far as sciatic nerve pain, but certainly an extreme tension with occasional 'zingy' pain, that feels quite different from a muscular stretch.
I know that I have very, very tight glutes, piriformis and TFL, which generally stiffen up my whole hip area and cause impingement on a number of exercises requiring hip opening. This iM really seems to test those limitations. I have found that pushing the iM to the point of what you are feeling on the first couple of circles, then backing off a bit, has enabled me to make pain-free progress over the weeks I've been working on F1 now. It's by no means fixed yet, but I can feel definite improvement and a gradual loosening in the hip area.