This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Looking for charge before workout: some suggestions?

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, August 17, 2016 · 8 Replies · 162 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys!

Do you have something to eat/drink just before workout to make you mentally "charged"? I realized that during the week after more than 8 hours sitting behind the desk I find myself a bit "unloaded". This feeling expires as I start the workout, so I feel that it is not a lack of phisical Energy, and I always have enough motivation to fight this tiredness (the idea to skip workout because of this feeling is not contemplated!).

But I was thinking about have something that could help me to fight easily this feeling. For example, considering that I have lunch at 1 PM and I start workout at least 5 hours later, I realized that having a Cup of coffee not later than 2 hours, rather than soon after lunch, helps me a bit more. 

I simply had some fruits before workout. Do you suggest something else or even better to feel myself more full of Energy? I guess that Energy drinks are not compatible with thrive, but maybe I'm wrong! What do you suggest? 

Thanks to All!

 

Alessandro Mainente

You can try something with a bit of caffeine, i've found that Sali+ of the +Watt is extremely useful on the KO days.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Do you have access to cold water? That always work. Like, always. 

Jared Birbeck

I work out in the morning. cold water to start is the usual. tough times or really looking to push the work out and I might add some caffeine. For the most part the very though of missing a workout is enough to get me moving.

Artur Krajewski

For me it's a nap after work. 30 min max, typically 25 min. I could not imagine anything else would clear my mind better. I will try cold water though, seems like a good idea.

Jon Douglas

You may already have this in place, but a consistent, thorough warmup is partly included for this reason. I get back from work, I change, grab my back and out the door, get to gym, and switch on my warmup/limber 'routine'. Once I've started, I'm in training mode, and I go until I am done :) Once I start my arm swings, I have started, and it never crosses my mind to not keep going.

Oussama KHELLADI

i also prefer to take a nap before training i am in the same situation as you are if you dont find motivation remember your goals and the result you are working for or watch some video of gym warm ups or training that should get you motivated 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Very useful suggestions, guys!

@Jon Douglas sure, that is exactly what I meant when I wrote this feeling expires as I start the workout! :)

@Oussama KHELLADI I can assure that motivation doesn't lack to me... never! :D in the weekend I take a nap too before workout, good to know that it is a good way to feel ready for training!

I'm going to test caffeine and cold water too, a few friends of mine suggested me to try drinking a cup of coffee half an hour before workout... Caffeine seems to have a charge effect to me! Thank you very much guys for your suggestions!!

 

 

 

Jeff Serven

doppio espresso