This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FKP/PE1 Knuckles at 90 degrees

Started by Stuart McFarlane, August 17, 2016 · 2 Replies · 120 Views

Stuart McFarlane

Team,

Apologies for another post on this one but the other posts didn't quite hit the nail on the head for me.  I have picked up HS1 and am working through this. Now I get about 45 degrees ROM at the knuckle on this exercise and doing this exercise feels hell good - to work on mobility in a part of the body in a way that isn't used everyday.  But I wonder how best to progress to 90 degrees so I can stick ticking off the reps on my dashboard!  If i do my step 1 (3x1rep) and follow the speed of the demo video I will spend about 30 seconds in total working on FKP/PE1 per week!  Smart programming will keep me at 3x1reps until I can do 3x1 properly with full ROM.

I'm willing to invest more than 30 seconds a week on this!  We spend 45 mins per body part on the stretch series so what I can do here?  

Shall I increase the total time working by:

  • Doing more reps at my best ROM (45 degrees) at the same speed of the demo video?  OR 
  • Spending some time doing a static stretch, that is, holding the 45 degrees ROM I do have for 1-2 mins?  (like we spend 1-2mins on each stretch in the stretch series)?

I hoping adding one or both of these could speed by progress because I can't believe 3 failed reps, twice a week is all I can do to progress this!

Thanks for advance for any tips!

Alessandro Mainente

From my pov the second option it is better, you should also increase the Stretch positions of handstand 1.

Forearms fingers flexor are very tight and the beginning, once you have achieved a certain rom it will be easier maintain it.

Jan Dochnal

In my understanding you don't have to stay on step 1. Just make sure not to progress to pe2. I was at about 20 degree with my right hand one year ago. I'm stretching my fingers a few times a day for some seconds and probably will reach 90 soon.