This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mr.MJR workout log

Started by Mr.MJR, December 16, 2009 · 3 Replies · 509 Views

Mr.MJR

Hello mates I will start my workout log here

This is plan for now, I will update it with my progress:

Monday:

-first some shoulders and back warm up

-then FBE:

-TOPs Pulls

-pullups 3x5

-body levers 3x5, I do only negative part of movement (

)

-muscle ups 3x5

-Core FBE:

-Hanging leg lifts

-V-ups

-Windshield wipers

-then Static Exercises

-PB planche-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-front lever-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-back lever-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-iron cross 6x10s

-Then elements:

-PB swings

Wednesday:

-first some shoulders and back warm up

-then FBE:

-TOPs Pulls

-pullups 3x5

-body levers 3x5, I do only negative part of movement (

)

-muscle ups 3x5

-XR rows elevated 3x5

-inverted chin ups(curls) 3x5

-then Static Exercises

-L-sits

-PB planche-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-front lever-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-back lever-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-iron cross 6x10s

-Then elements:

-mushroom circles

Friday:

-first some shoulders and back warm up

-then FBE:

-TOPs Pulls

-pullups 3x5

-body levers 3x5, I do only negative part of movement (

)

-muscle ups 3x5

-Core FBE:

-Hanging leg lifts

-V-ups

-Windshield wipers

-then Static Exercises

-PB planche-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-front lever-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-back lever-flat tucked for now 8x8s

-iron cross 6x10s

-Then elements:

-PB swings

And I work at my physical class in school at Tuesday&Thursday, and at my home at Saturday&Sunday(Some static work: L sit, HS, PB manna stand,...)

What do you think? I have some questions:

1.Is this too much work? I can handle it, I am giving best of myself! but I don't know is it good for progress?

2.About static strength, is it good to work as much time as I can example: L-sit every day whenever I have time and HS every day couple times a day at wall in my room,... etc...?

3.How to breath at static exercises? Before exercise I take a deep breath and I hold my breath during static position because when I release my breath I can't hold static position any more, but problem is I can't hold my breath that long :?

Thanks for your help!

John Sapinoso

How long have you been doing this?

If you're new to it I'd suggest easing into that kind of straight arm workload since too much straight arm work too soon will injure the tendons around your elbows. The other statics shouldn't be a problem so long as you're cautious and take it slow but the cross isn't a good idea to train right away.

palmcron
Mr.MJR said:

3.How to breath at static exercises? Before exercise I take a deep breath and I hold my breath during static position because when I release my breath I can't hold static position any more, but problem is I can't hold my breath that long :?

I believe this post from Coach will clear things up: http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=796&p=18653#p18653

Mr.MJR

@ts00nami: I am doing this 3 weeks, and I feel pain in my elbows but only when I keep static position with bended arms like in the muscle up transition moment :? I feel gr8 in straight arms position

@palmcron: thanks m8, helped a lot!! I have breath issue only at back lever :)