This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions about starting foundation one and handstand one

Started by Dustin Schoonmaker, August 17, 2016 · 2 Replies · 130 Views

Dustin Schoonmaker

Hey guys! I have completed the fundamentals and it showed me where i am weak (mostly in shoulder ext). I'm 29 and have been lifting seriously for the past 10+ years and have been in sports all my life. I am always active and decided to try this as a new element to my physical mastery. 

When it comes to starting the f1 and hs1, i am not quite sure how to set up the workouts. I don't know if i should start out at like 2 f1's and 2 hs1's each week and add from there, or if i would try 3 days of each. 

I plan to also weight train to maintain what i have, and I am doing my GST workouts for my 5am workout, and the weights in the evening. 

Also, is it advisable to start my workouts on a sunday, and try to test for mastery in everything through the first week?

I appreciate the help.

Alessandro Mainente

If you have completed fundamentals simply begin from the first elements of every progression and work from week 1 to week 12. the mastery test is something more reserved to someone who has already achieved some more experience with GST.

Also for your shoulder you can consider to add the shoulders - thoracic spine stretch series.

For you specific case 2 foundations days and 2 handstand days is the best solution.

Dustin Schoonmaker

Thanks for the input and help Alessandro!