This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What are my options?

Started by Kevin Jacobson, August 17, 2016 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

Kevin Jacobson

I came to this community / Program with some postural issues.  I had been working through them over the past year with Posture Therapy and "Supple Leopard" with some success and frustration.  Came across the GST that sounded like a way to correct the few challenges I was  having.

Started slow - and dedicated to this program solely as recommended by many on this board.  I was enjoying the process ( 7 weeks starting lower than I should and moving up week to week ).  I actually had pretty quick results in my lower body correcting one of my everted feet which was a long standing issue.  My legs started tracking better than they have in years to where i could walk better without pain in  my leg / hip / foot.   This was short lived - as I got a new pain ( right shoulder ) that came with this program.  I got a mild / sharp pain in the front shoulder that has nagged me ever since ( several months ) this program irritated it.  I have given up GST as a program for me b/c it's not working.  Maybe later if I am able to straighten a few things out physically - I'll attempt it again because I do like the idea of long term body health. 

My question is this.  Can I choose one posture like say " THE SINGLE LEG SQUAT " and get good results from going through the recommeded progressions / program for that single pose.  Or is it an all or nothing deal because all of the poses tie into one another.  I'd like to go through one progression and work it to see if I can get a SLS without nagging my shoulder.  Beyond that - I'm going back to what I have had some success with in the past to quiet my shoulder and Kelly Starett book which as slow moving improvement.

Thanx

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Kevin, for sure you can. but the benefits of foundations is bigger as your progress on everything. Foundations 1 is a "restoring-program" if we talk about basic ability, balance, mobility, posture. trust me.

Julia Quigley

Hi, Kevin! I have a shoulder issue as well (pre-existing to this program that I accidentally ex abetted in my initial eagerness with Foundation).

Right now I'm working the program, but skipping anything that irritates my shoulder (so far, that's just the PEs for sPL, RC, and PL). Thankfulky, I can still work the iMs for those series. That still gives me a lot to work on! 

I'm working with a PT on my shoulder and I look forward to 100% Foundation when I'm better, but I'm still very happy with the development and work I'm putting in with everything else. 

Maybe sometbing like that could work for you too!

Kevin Jacobson

I remember your first posting about shoulder issue on this forum.  Was curious moving forward.. to see how you handled it... thanks.  I'll see what I can do with the mobility stuff if it works.