I injured my right wrist 8 months ago (dorsal wrist impingement). I had a steroid injection and it was 100% better for 1 month and then returned. I then took a break from H1 and adjusted foundation so that I never put my hand flat on the ground (using paralletes instead) and used tiger paws for added support. I had just finished the 60 rep wall runs for H1. My wrist is feeling better now where I can now dorsiflex to 90 degrees without pain, but I have not loaded the wrist in this position with any weight. I was thinking of starting back H1. Has anyone done this with only paralletes? Is this possible? I also have the same question for HBP with F4. I had just finished F3 when I injured my wrist. Is it possible to do the chest roll series on paralletes? Should I just start back slowly with the wrist series? Thanks for the help.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
H1 on paralletes
Started by Wilensky Joshua, August 17, 2016 · 1 Replies · 92 Views
Start back in VERY SLOWLY with everything, including the wrist series. I also recommend you work with a physio to ensure you don't re-injure yourself and to address potential limitations. I don't see an issue with working HS on the parallettes for now but as your wrist regains strength, it would be ideal to train handstands on both.
Let's keep the Foundations questions in the appropriate sub-forum.