Please view and criticise!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Steven Gilmore, August 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 103 Views
Please view and criticise!
Hi Steven,
Your doing a nice job. Your push up demonstrates good protraction of the shoulders at the bottom of the movement. However there are a few little things that can be cleaned up.
1. Keep a tight PPT (posterior pelvic tilt) in the push up the whole time. Squeeze your legs together, keep the whole body tight.
2. At the top of the push up you are hitting the protraction of the shoulders but round your back a little more, squeeze the gluts tight and really lock in your shape at the top of every movement.
Xiaopengs are coming along nicely. More shrug needs to happen with the shoulder when you are elevating your arm over head. Bring your deltoid to touch your ear. Keep your core tight as you go through the motion.
By the way I like your slippers and the energy you have while training. More videos of your progress please. ![]()
This is great feedback. What a sloppy lower body have I! I tried rounding the back a little more but ended up piking. Not sure if I'm trying to round the upper or lower back. And, even though I'm not allowed to show, I'm now squeezing my gluties hard!
PE- Nice improvement. Tanya was referring to your upper back but it looked good in this video. Lower back was solid as well. You had tight core and glutes which prevented sagging in your lower back. I would like to see you depress your scapulas more in the top support, meaning drop your shoulders down away from your ears. Don't allow them to elevate and shrug towards your ears.
iM- Nice scapular elevation. The only fix for this one is to rotate away from the weight as you lift it up. You were rotating just fine on the way down.
Got it. Tried it out with the depressed shoulders, felt more solid actually. Rotating away on the iM too. Good stuff.