This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Enough time in the week for Foundation, Stretching, and Handstands?

Started by Justin Scott, August 17, 2016 · 6 Replies · 225 Views

Justin Scott

I just finished Fundamentals. I noticed that Handstands 1 is suitable for beginners and has a 1-3x per week.

I just workout in the mornings, if I Handstands 1 once per week, the three stretching programs each once per week then would only have 1 or 2 days of Fundamental.

Is that a suitable program? Or does that spread each of the trainings too thin?

Everett Carroll

The workout scheduler will help you integrate all of the courses. There is certainly enough time each week, even if you just do AM workouts, to do all of those courses and not be too thinly spread.

Justin Scott

Thanks. What is the workout scheduler?

Cole Dano

When you log into your courses, you'll see a tab for it near the top of your dashboard.

Luke Searra

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 8.17.44 AM.png

William Trask

I'm relatively new as well started fundamentals in June and am thru 8 weeks of Foundations/Handstand and Stretch.

i book 12-15min for daily limber

then 45-min foundation & stretch workouts, and the handstand workout 15-min

all in all 60-75min daily Monday thru Saturday with Sunday only the daily limber. If my work schedule is too intense or causes a lack of sleep I'll skip a workout and try to make it up if possible.

the workout scheduler talked about above is super helpful.

M - foundation 1 (all 7)

T - front split & handstand 1

W - foundation 1 (all 7)

R - thoracic bridge & handstand 1

F - foundation 1 (all 7)

Sat - middle split

 

from fundamental I slowly added volume initially with the foundation 3/4 split 3 days a week, then added stretch series one at a time progressing weeks and more recently the handstand.

so far my recovery seems okay... Volume while biking to work might be a little to much. So I'm continuing to tweak based on how I'm feeling thru the weeks.

coach has a pretty awesome workout plan for those dedicated and motivated to put in the consistent work. My body is feeling so much better as a result. 

 

Enjoy the journey Justin...

Justin Scott

Thanks for all the info.