morgan hamm airflare progression

Started by Alessandro Mainente, December 16, 2009 · 6 Replies · 4,386 Views

Alessandro Mainente

i see the video where morgan hamm explain what he did in order to learn airflare

aoqpkoSmzEI

my question is...like for a great number of gymnastics skills, do you think there is a possible progression to learn that move?

And another thing, i see this video...

svXxdVSUoVU

do you think it is a reasonable way to learn he airflare's tecnique?

thanks at everyones who answer (sorry for my english)

Ryan Libke

I can't say what a good progression is, but it sure looks like fun to use that inner tube contraption in the second video.

Sternford

Here is a somewhat cheesy video with progressions. Although it seems to make a huge leap in difficulty between each progression.

PmTTEXtre3o

Alessandro Mainente
Sternford said:
Here is a somewhat cheesy video with progressions. Although it seems to make a huge leap in difficulty between each progression.

PmTTEXtre3o

i've just saw this video...but there isn't a really progression tutorial in this video...

palmcron

There has already been a thread about airflares in this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1910

I believe the advice from ronin11cs is good, suggesting swipes and halos.

I'm still stuck with learning swipes, didn't really get them so far. Didn't put much emphasis on them, though (but plan to train them more in the near future).

I tried something similar to that inner tube contraption some time ago, but couldn't do anything hanging in there that felt or looked like an airflare ;) But maybe it might help in a more advanced stage of a progression.

Like Morgan said in a interview, it's a type of motion not really used in gymnastics. Actually, this twisting between hip and upper body seems unique to breakdance-powermoves (like swipes, airflare).

Alessandro Mainente
palmcron said:
There has already been a thread about airflares in this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1910

I believe the advice from ronin11cs is good, suggesting swipes and halos.

I'm still stuck with learning swipes, didn't really get them so far. Didn't put much emphasis on them, though (but plan to train them more in the near future).

I tried something similar to that inner tube contraption some time ago, but couldn't do anything hanging in there that felt or looked like an airflare ;) But maybe it might help in a more advanced stage of a progression.

Like Morgan said in a interview, it's a type of motion not really used in gymnastics. Actually, this twisting between hip and upper body seems unique to breakdance-powermoves (like swipes, airflare).

yes....you have just say everything....and i can tell you that i'm able to do swipes and halos but...is different with halos you have a double support with elbow on your hips and the head.....is moooooore diffcult than halos....

palmcron

Today I ran across another tutorial, which looks good at first sight.

BziEJAXWkkI