This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 & iM First Attempts

Started by Wayne Grima, August 16, 2016 · 6 Replies · 116 Views

Wayne Grima

This is my first attempt at these.

I think I'm holding the angle with my legs ok. Is my lower back coming off the ground too much?

With the iM I can see the ankles aren't diectly below my knees and knees aren't 90*, easy fix.

Also These causes a bit of discomfort/pain in my elbows, I couldn't hold for 30 seconds.

Those are some of the funniest faces I've pulled doing this, quite amusing indeed lol

 

Alessandro Mainente

There are some little changes on hip angles, try to hold the same degree all the time.

For the IM, move the ankles under the knees, keep legs together and feel free to adjust a bit the hands position in order to avoid pain.

Wayne Grima

Hi coaches, can I get some feedback on where I am with these,whats right and whats wrong and what I need to do to improve.

Currently doing 4x24, these are going to be challenging for sure, oh the pain lol. many thanks.

 

Guido Franchetti

Hi Wayne, not a coach here, but I think you are kicking a bit with the legs to come up in the rocks, it should be abs only.

Bas Albinus

Your doing ok the first 10 secs, then you start losing tension in the ppt(changes in hip angles). Focus on holding the same angle between thighs and belly. You also start to crane your head a little. This might feel like it makes the exercise easier as it takes some weight off, but it's counter productive and actually makes the rocking motion harder from mpov.  For now I'd suggest to not worry about a strong rocking motion too much, keep it small and focus on that tight tuck.

The IM looks good, though you seem almost like holding your breath. The stretch hurts but try to relax, breath out into the pain. Once it gets a little easier and you get more lose focus on keeping your head neutral and pushing the chest up. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Wayne,

Good improvement. As alessandro said above, the hip angle is changing slightly when you rock. Lift your shoulders a little bit higher as you press your lower back into the ground to help you with the bumping also. The iM looks pretty solid. You are leaning back a little bit away from the stretch. Keep the knees over the feet and the shoulders directly over the hands to get the full benefits of the movement. Keep working hard!

Wayne Grima

Thanks to all for your advice. I see where it looks like my torso is coming up with the

rock, it looks as though I'm doing mini situps as I rock, it felt solid while I was doing them

so I'll have to monitor these myself on a regular basis. I'll be working hard to keep that hip

angle consistent.