This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PPT in Crab position

Started by Borja Rojano Broz, August 16, 2016 · 4 Replies · 141 Views

Borja Rojano Broz

Dear Coach Sommer, 

I am yet another Tim Ferriss believer who has found just what I needed with your course. I love the approach of starting from an absolute zero. As an out-of-shape dad of 38, former competitive swimmer, I know how important it is to drill the basics again and again. On that note, I have finished day 3 of the essentials program and I'd like to share a concern/request for feedback I have.

When I try the crab and the rear support, I find myself wanting to apply more PPT to the positions, but I can't seem to get it. I don't know what muscles to activate to do so, in those positions. I have two damaged discs (L4-L5 and L5-L6) so I am very wary of overusing that part of my body, unconsciously.


I have attached two pictures for reference. Could I get some feedback on how to improve these positions please?

P.S. It is really embarrassing to post shirtless pictures of my out-of-shape self, I guess I can always use them for a before-after.

 

Greetings from Spain and many thanks. This program rocks.

 

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

Alessandro Mainente

The rear support is good.

IN the other one it in naturally harder to hold a posterior pelvic tilt, simply because with hip extended and knee flexed the rectus femoris is stretched out, by far more compared to extended knee. for this reason if you are tight on quads the result is a less ability to active the posterior pelvic tilt.

Coach Sommer

Hi Borja,

Welcome!  

Do not stress is you are not yet able to achieve 'perfect' positions.  Just do your best without struggling excessively.  The correction of your current mobility deficits will be a gradual process.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Borja Rojano Broz
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The rear support is good.

IN the other one it in naturally harder to hold a posterior pelvic tilt, simply because with hip extended and knee flexed the rectus femoris is stretched out, by far more compared to extended knee. for this reason if you are tight on quads the result is a less ability to active the posterior pelvic tilt.

Ha, interesting! Shall I then work on stretching the quads? @Alessandro Mainente any suggestions on stretching for the quads?

Coach Sommer

Borja,

For in depth particulars on stretching the quads consider adding the GB Front Split series to your training.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/training/

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer