This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 + IM Form Check

Started by Gary Devenish, August 16, 2016 · 4 Replies · 63 Views

Gary Devenish

Hello,

Just wanted a critique of my HS - P1 status, as well as the IM, and what needs the most attention.  Thanks.

HS PE1+IM Form Check

Alessandro Mainente

PE1 it is fine.

IM 1 the goal is: no matter how much weight you are using or how much the hands are closer, you need to open the shoulders up to 180° . in order to do that adjust weight and grip.

Gary Devenish

Alessandro - I don't quite understand what you mean by "open shoulders up to 180"  Does that mean that the shoulders have to rotate "out", or that the arms need to be straight up and down?  I'm not getting much help from the demonstration videos.

Thanks,

Gary

Jon Douglas
9 hours ago, Gary Devenish said:

Alessandro - I don't quite understand what you mean by "open shoulders up to 180"  Does that mean that the shoulders have to rotate "out", or that the arms need to be straight up and down?  I'm not getting much help from the demonstration videos.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

No rotation-- straight up and down flexion, pulling back from the traps. Rotation will come in later ims :)

Gary Devenish

got it.  Thanks gents.  ways to go on that one.