This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/SE3, Knee connective tissue, and acupuncture

Started by Joseph Baglieri, August 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 75 Views

Joseph Baglieri

Hi guys,
I noticed a significant amount of pain in my right knee (insight the leg, below the kneecap) when as I’ve progressed into SLS/SE3. The pain was not so much happening during the exercise but was a grinding/popping pain at other times. The NST (muscle/fascia work) practitioner who works on me said it was a connective tissue issue (as opposed to muscle). Is the right move to roll back into SLS/SE2 or to stay off the SLS progression entirely for a while?

Additionally, has anyone had any success using acupuncture for connective tissue issues?

Thanks!
Joseph

Luke Searra

Hello Jospeh, I can guess why you feel the pain but I would need to see a video of you doing the movement first to more accurately find out what's happening. 1) post a video 2) no pain is usually good pain (bear in mind there is a difference between pain, muscular stiffness and injury related pain, go back to SLS/SE2 and continue as usual.

Luke Searra

Since you're doing Single Legged Squats Im guessing that its in part due to Valgus knee fault. Before you stop the exercise you could decrease the range of motion by squatting down onto a box just out of the ROM (range of motion), of pain and continue as prescribed.