This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on following videos for workout

Started by Jeff Donahue, August 15, 2016 · 6 Replies · 141 Views

Jeff Donahue

So I'm still in fundamentals (only week 2 right now), but really enjoying it and thinking about getting Foundation when I am done.  I do have a question on what people do as far as the workouts in Foundation.  the Fundamentals workouts a relatively short (2-4 minutes) and I typically do my workouts at a gym, so I usually just watch the video at home in the morning and find out the moves for the day.  then I can do those myself at the gym without the video.

From what I am reading that doesn't sound like it is the case with Foundation.  Do I have to have the videos running to do the workouts?  Are they so complex that you cant just go to the gym and do the workouts?  I don't really have a phone that I can run the videos on and I don't have a laptop to bring along with me.

Just wondering if anyone else has this type of situation and what they do?

Thanks

Jeff

Luke Searra

Hi Jeff,

Great question. In Foundations you will have 2 views ADV and BEG. In your BEG view you will have the option of thumbnailed movements for your programming. You can print these out and take them with you with a printout of your programming.

Fundamental GST is divided into three categories; fundamental straight arm strength (FSAS), fundamental bent arm strength (FBAS) and fundamental leg strength (FLS). In the GB Foundation Courses, you are going to focus your FSAS efforts exclusively on the mastery of four FSAS elements; front lever (FL), straddle planche (sPL), side lever (SL) and manna (MN). FBAS work will focus on mastering rope climb (RC) and hollow back press handstand (HBP) and your FLS will focus on the acquisition of the single leg squat (SLS).

 

Luke Searra

The Pro+ program is made up of 2 parts that enhance Foundation One. 


1) Customized Follow Along Videos for thousands of workout combinations
2) Smart Programming. Tell us how you did and Smart Programming, handles all the work of adjusting your schedule.

Judith Newton

In regards to transitioning from Fundamentals to Foundation: 

I'm just slightly ahead of you, Jeff - on Day 16 of Fundamentals today. So, I'm scheduled to reach Day 24 on Tuesday, August 23.  

My understanding is that Foundations programming always starts on a Monday.. which for me would be Aug 29.  I'm planning to use the days between the end of Fundamentals and the beginning of Foundation to work through the block review videos from Fundamentals as well as get myself oriented to the first Preparatory Exercise in each of the 7 areas.. maybe even do an early form check so that i get off on the best footing possible, so to speak.  

Maybe if you can try the exercises at home, you can get a bit of muscle memory started that can carry you better through gym-time workouts.

 

Luke Searra

Great idea Judith

Jeff Donahue

Thanks for the answers.  Can someone that uses Foundation confirm that it always starts on a Monday?

Also, how far out do you have access to the daily workouts?  Could I print out the whole weeks workouts or is it like Fundamentals where the next workout doesn't unlock until midnight after you have completed the current workout?

Still trying to workout paying for Foundation - another $195 after I just dropped $70 is a lot for me.

Thanks again for the quick responses.

Jeff

Tanya Hill

Hi Jeff, 

If you make new changes to your training the changes will not start until the following Monday. Monday is also the day you will get your next week of training. You can definitely print out the whole week of training and take it with you. Just make sure at the end of the week you go back in and log your training. 

Coach Sommer has designed the worlds best training program. I only say this because I have been doing it for 8 years and it has helped me maintain a healthy body, its worth your savings. :) 

Let us know if you have any further questions.