This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3 Check

Started by Wayne Grima, August 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 38 Views

Wayne Grima

Hi, posting a form check

 

Luke Searra

You've got it Wayne, remember to focus on pushing your arm down and away from your ear, and try not to bounce. I pass the video on both sides.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey @Wayne Grima Your over arches look great.

The cues that really helped me with this progression are to Squeeze the glutes to prevent bending at the hips. This will allow the lower obliques do their job more effectively. And like Luke said press the bottom arm down away from the ear to keep the shoulder stable.

At the bottom of the movement you should feel a strong stretch through the mid-section. At the top create an arch-like shape by stretching the obliques on the top side.

 

 

Wayne Grima

OK Luke, good to hear. I'll keep going and post again when I can do the required volume.

I'm finally getting in the habit of posting checks early, as in the past I've been doing exercises

THINKING they are correct, only to find out after months of performing them that the needed

slight tweaking and modification. Off to a good start on these, many thanks.

Luke Searra

For sure Wayne, post as early as possible to get the correct muscle memory as soon as possible. Thank you for the advice as well Mikey.