This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I am back, but have no equipment, how to proceed?

Started by Federico Comoglio, August 14, 2016 · 12 Replies · 251 Views

Federico Comoglio

I'm back to the forum after a period of intermittent training. I have been diagnosed with PNE (pudendal nerve entrapment) and currently under first line of treatment. I can now restart my journey into F1, but I recently relocated and have no access to rings, high bar and stall bars. There is no way to fit them at home here. All what I have is limited floor space, a mat, a set of parallettes, a KB and a set of Ironwoody elastic bands.

Any suggestion on how to proceed with F1 under these constraints?

Thanks a lot.

Alessandro Mainente

If you have no possibilities to use rings but you need to it is a bit difficult to find a solution.

Federico Comoglio

You are right. The question is rather how can I get the most out of this - temporary - situation. Temporary might mean 3 months to 1 year.

Andrei Grigoriev

Can you train outside on a playground for kids for example?

Federico Comoglio

I occasionally have access to a playground, but it's quite a journey from my place and likely not a viable option for the winter. I might have access to a gym once a week in a few months, though. This would be the easiest solution.

Tanya Hill

Federico, 

Once you get going on rings you will be addicted! Definitely search your options on installing rings at home. 

Federico Comoglio

Tanya,

I know. I do have previous experience with F1 and had to stop about 1 year ago. However, it is not possible for me to install rings at my new place here in the UK. I'm looking for sensible alternatives. One might just mean to not perform any exercise for which I don't have equipment right now, and introduce them later on. Not sure this is a great idea, though.

 

Everett Carroll

It is pretty hard without rings, Federico, but try to find a way. When I first began Foundations, I used 2 pieces of nylon webbing, tied loops on the ends, and fixed them to a tree. It was nowhere near a set of gymnastics rings but worked temporarily.

Greg White

No chance of installing Pull up bar between a door frame and hanging rings or ring substitutes from there?

Leo Trinidad

Any suspension trainers like TRX or Jungle Gym that you can use by your door for the meantime? I used Jungle Gym before because I had no access to gymnastic rings.

Federico Comoglio

Thanks for your input. The ceiling is very low, the door frame is not sturdy at all. I'm not looking for alternative to rings, I will hopefully have access to all the equipment I need in some months time. I am rather interesting in knowing how should I proceed without them and stall bars.

Again, should I simply perform all elements I have equipment for and introduce the others later on?

Everett Carroll

If you don't have the option to add in substitute equipment, then doing the elements you can is certainly better than none at all. 

Federico Comoglio

OK, thank you.