This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A few questions about cardio on top of foundation

Started by Andrei Grigoriev, August 13, 2016 · 1 Replies · 206 Views

Andrei Grigoriev

I know a lot has been written on the forums about cardio, but I still have a few questions left. I know that it is recommended to either run for about 20-40 minutes or engage in some sort  of aerobic activity twice a week.

My knowledge of exercise physiology is rather limited so I still don't understand why you need to do any cardio at all if you follow foundations? Doing a foundation workout does seem to raise your heart rate and it lasts for 20-30 minutes. Perhaps foundation workout is more akin to interval training (anaerobic)=short bursts of intense activity that can't be sustained for long and so to meet the cardio(aerobic) requirement you need to do something less intense for a longer period of time? I suppose pure strength training (low reps and near maximum effort )is anaerobic in nature. But most excercises in foundation one follow a high rep and medium effort template and that seems more similar to aerobic activities rather than anaerobic activities.

Alessandro Mainente

High intensity cardio for 20-25 minutes (this mean having your hearth in your throat for 20 minutes) improves the energetic component like mitochondrial activity so that they can increase the efficiency of certain activity (with simple words).