This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE5 — forehead down or chin down ?

Started by Suzanna McGee, August 13, 2016 · 3 Replies · 104 Views

Suzanna McGee

It felt more comfortable when my face/forehead was down… then I realized that I remembered the words "don't lift your chin".  I did it with chin down (forehead up) and looking at the videos, it looks better, even though it felt better the first way. Any tips on the head position? And I should have PPT here as well, right? 

PS

It's my birthday today (51 :-) ) and I bought myself the Thoracic Bridge Program for my birthday, yay  :-) 

Video 1, forehead down:

 

Video 2, chin down:

 

Lucy Wilkins

Happy Birthday!:D You are just a couple of months ahead of me. 50s are the best !

I have just started the TB stretch programme as well. Excited to be on this journey with so many inspiring people.

Not gonna coment on your Qs as Im just a beginner myself´.

xx

Alessandro Mainente

Don not lift your chin means that you do not have to excessively extend the cervical spine. My personal suggestion is put the chin on the floor  in order to reach the floor with your neck/throat. this action will move the armpit closer to the floor making the position more similar to handstand. for sure PPT is better in all the positions.

Suzanna McGee

@Alessandro Mainente, thanks for your tip. I will focus on that: chin down and neck/throat and armpits  toward the floor.

@Lucy Wilkins. I too love the programs. I started with the HS, and just a little bit into it, I am looking around what else to buy. Now the TB stretch, and what else, soon?  :-)  I will do my first TB workout tomorrow. Excited about it.