I was looking for a way to practice body levers at home, but the only place I could find that allows me to stretch fully out is in our hallway, but with nowhere to hold onto or anchor my hands. Then I realised that if I lowered the rings from our pullup bar I could hold onto them for support. When lowering from inverted hang my back is completely off the floor, but as I reach a more horizontal position I use the floor (and a rolled up camping mat under my back) to sort of spot myself. I'm sure that by adjusting the height of the rings you could effectively reduce the amount of support the floor gives until you no longer need it. Although I've only just discovered these today I think that the hand position and use of the rings will help those wanting to achieve front lever.
Front Lever/Body Lever
Started by Mr E, December 14, 2009 · 1 Replies · 3,010 Views
Are you talking about body levers or front levers? I often fold up a yoga mat and do my body levers by my car, hanging onto the underside of the side of the car as the support
It works really well!
Can you make a video of what you did? It sounds like you are doing a spotted front lever but I'm not quite sure.