I am a newbie to the Gymnastics Bodies community and just started Foundation 1. I am loving the emphasis on mobility and am really hoping the program can help with my hip. I am a long time soccer player and transitioned to long distance running. Probably as a result of imbalance and immobility, I developed intense hip pain. I've had two arthoscopic surgeries and even an osteo chrondo plasty (open hip surgery). Despite many, many PT rounds, I still have a lot of immobility and pain in my hip. And my early first workouts still bring out a bunch of pain in my hip.
Has anyone experienced chronic hip pain and found that the F1 or SS courses help over time? I'd love to think that through the right disciplined approach of mobility and strength exercises I could overcome the pain and movement restriction of my hip. I'd love to avoid surgery, if possible. Any stories / recommendations for how to approach training with a chronically pained hip?