This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM Check

Started by Antonio Fernandez, August 12, 2016 · 7 Replies · 94 Views

Antonio Fernandez

I'm on Step 4 and wanted to get a check on form and mobility for the shoulder flexibility to make sure I'm not progressing too quickly. Thanks in advance!

 

HS/PE1>iM Check

Cole Dano

You're letting your bottom ribs flair out, make sure you keep them in while doing this iM:

You can check this post for a couple of illustrations on bottom rib flair - 

Antonio Fernandez

The illustrations help, Coach. I'll post a new video later this week to see if I've corrected what you've pointed out.

Thank you!

Antonio Fernandez

Hi Coach -

I tried to correct the rib-flare that you pointed out. Would you agree (video below)? Are there any other pointers that I should consider before moving forward?

HS/PE1%3EiM with rib-flare correction

Thanks for your help

Luke Searra

Hello Antonio , yes are correcting the rib flare as you go through the movement. Another cue about your arms (straighten your elbows unless you have a mobility issue), this isn't a deal breaker however.

Antonio Fernandez

Thanks for the validation. I'll see if I can keep my elbows more straight. 

Dustin Lord

Also make sure to hold the bar with hands shoulder width apart.

Alessandro Mainente

A moderate lean it is required in order to consider the movement acceptable, There is not shoulders width grip or weight that can substitute the upper body lean. Look carefully to the video course. on the flexion elements the exercise begins with bar over head , straight arm, then as the upper body leans forward the bar is moved backward.