This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Alternate workout schedule

Started by Seth Harris, August 12, 2016 · 5 Replies · 229 Views

Seth Harris

Hi yall, My name is Seth. I am currently around halfway though F1. Lately Its been hard finding the time to do F1, H1, and all three stretch courses. I also run 3 days a week. Currently I am doing the four day F1 template with H1 two days per week. I normally take Sunday off completely. Most of the time there is no room for stretching which most definitely my weakest area. Here is a schedule I am thinking about which would probably keep my GB workout around and hour every day and still allow me to get everything in.

Monday: FL, sPL, Stretch course. Run in the evening.

Tuesday: HPB, RC, H1.

Wednesday: SL, MN, Stretch course. Run in the evening.

Thursday: SLS, FL, H1.

Friday: sPL, HPB, Stretch course. Run in the evening.

Saturday: RC, SL, H1.

Sunday: MN, SLS.

What do you guys think about this schedule? Thanks!

Jon Douglas

I'd highly recommend at least one rest day. To me this is taking 'a little each day' too far to gain over the long term- not enough daily volume. I'd rather see a higher volume workout followed by a rest day.

As an example, I've been running on the 3x a week split followed by a stretch course, with 2 HS days (Tues/Thurs, which are more like weighted mobility / traps days) and found it excellent. You might feel like giving that a try, if you keep the pace up these workouts are pretty fast and as a result, quite intense.

I'd also rather see a run placed  before your workout; either directly before or in a morning/train evening, but that might just be personal preference too.

Of course you can stagger the programming however you like but this is my view :)

Craig Copeland

Seth: I'm no authority like Jon Douglas;  still, I wanted to point out something you wrote:

"Most of the time there is no room for stretching which most definitely my weakest area."

My suggestion -- again, I'm just some guy who does this program and no trainer or coach -- is that you make the stretching a huge priority if it is your greatest weakness.  Those stretch courses produce gold; however, you need to spend time down in the mine to get that ore. 

-Craig

 

 

Seth Harris

Thanks for the advice guys!

Luke Searra

Our Pleasure Seth

Ronnicky Roy

That's what I love about this form. Can search for my question and vast majority of the time it's been answered. Wanted to find programming for running with my foundation workout. So just do my run beforehand as warmup *thumbs up*. Can do.