This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 Gut Check

Started by Antonio Fernandez, August 12, 2016 · 6 Replies · 96 Views

Antonio Fernandez

I feel very much in control through most of the ROM but my feeling is my knees and chest are not close enough; I think my gut might be in the way as well (hence the title of the post). Comments and tips? Secondly, it seems like my spine is very curved. Would my curved spine be a reason not to progress to Step 2?

 

MN/PE1 (https://app.box.com/s/c0foelumme4qplqq94gix18yni7i6a5h)

Cole Dano

The hollow shape is fine for this element, nothing to worry about. We want the torso to be up high but hollow, just like you are doing, so keep up the good work.

Antonio Fernandez

Thanks, Coach. Does this mean, assuming the coupled iM exercise and tempo are right, my form is good enough to move to Step 2?

Everett Carroll

I think you should spend some more time here to work on pulling the knees in further.

Antonio Fernandez
On 8/12/2016 at 9:19 AM, Everett Carroll said:

I think you should spend some more time here to work on pulling the knees in further.

Any suggestions, Everett, on improving knees to chest?

Luke Searra

Antonio do your best to compress your knees to your chest even further.

Everett Carroll

Holding the top position for time and stretching will help.